Chapter 1. Overview
Obtaining metrics from Satellite is useful for troubleshooting a current issue, and capacity planning. This guide describes how to collect live metrics and archive them for a fixed period of time. If you need to raise a support case with Red Hat to resolve a performance issue, the archived data provides valuable insight. Note that Red Hat Support can only access the archived data if you upload it to a Support Case.
You can collect the following metrics from Satellite:
- Basic statistics from Red Hat Enterprise Linux, including system load, memory utilization, and input/output operations;
- Process statistics, including memory and CPU utilization;
- Apache HTTP Server activity statistics;
- PostgreSQL activity statistics;
- Satellite application statistics.
Use Performance Co-Pilot (PCP) to collect and archive Satellite metrics.