Chapter 1. Introduction to overcloud configuration
Red Hat OpenStack Platform (RHOSP) director provides a set of tools that you can use to provision and create a fully featured OpenStack environment, also known as the overcloud. The Director Installation and Usage Guide covers the preparation and configuration of a basic overcloud. However, a production-level overcloud might require additional configuration:
- Basic network configuration to integrate the overcloud into your existing network infrastructure.
- Network traffic isolation on separate VLANs for certain OpenStack network traffic types.
- SSL configuration to secure communication on public endpoints
- Storage options such as NFS, iSCSI, Red Hat Ceph Storage, and multiple third-party storage devices.
- Red Hat Content Delivery Network node registration, or registration with your internal Red Hat Satellite 5 or 6 server.
- Various system-level options.
- Various OpenStack service options.
The examples in this guide are optional steps to configure the overcloud. These steps are necessary only if you want to provide the overcloud with additional functionality. Use the steps that apply to the requirements of your environment.