Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Virtual Datacenters License does not list products

Latest response

Hi,
I have some premium Virtual Datacenter Licenses for my Vmware environment. Which are supposed to provide me with unlimited RH VMs per ESX host.

I have setup Katello which includes, candlepin (for Subscription Asset Management and PULP for repositories) its upstream version of Satellite without all the great bells and whistles.

Now I it all working fine my ESXi hosts are registered and have subscriptions assigned. I can register new RH VMs and attach a subscription to them. All works great.

Problem I have though is getting updates to my VMs.

Even on my VM where I run SAM which is the only one that has access to internet. I am told it is has no products associated with it.

I have looked at article https://access.redhat.com/site/solutions/484573 and I do not see a redhat product listed on my manifest all it shows me is see (manifest picture) all I have is Datacenter License with NO redhat products associated.

So when I try to set up pulp I get no repositories listed at all.
Here is a screen shot of my subscriptions:

And here is a list of my Redhat Repositories

Can I get someone from Redhat to look at what is in included on the Datacenter License and ensure that Redhat Products are listed? Otherwise this License is just good for subscriptions but forget about updating your Redhat, it wont let you.

Responses