RHEL 9.4 black screen after login with tigervnc installed

Posted on

Hi, I'm not familiar with RHEL, and there is a serious issue while I was trying to set up a RHEL server by creating a virtual machine inside VMware workstation. I boot a RHEL 9.4 on it and installed TigerVNC server following this tutorial.

I followed each step and can finally access the server with TigerVNC client installed on my windows 11 laptop. But after I reboot my server and login with my user account, the vm went black screen only showing the cursor. I've tried to reboot the vm several times and it didn't work.

Also, I'm currently testing it on a different local network, but my router can't detect the ip address of the vm, so I can't even access the server's terminal to turn off the vnc server or do any other actions. I've tried to find the mac address VMware assigned to the vm, but I can't find it either on the router's DHCP user list or on the result of "arp -a" on the host machine.

Please I need help so I can access my RHEL vm with another device on local network and fix the black screen after a login to the vm.

Responses