ALFA AWUS1900 Wi-Fi Adapter Not Detected in RHEL 9.4

Posted on

8813 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8814AU 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wireless AdapterHi everyone,

I'm having trouble with my Alfa AWUS1900 Wi-Fi adapter on my RHEL 9.4 system. The adapter is plugged in via USB, but RHEL 9 doesn't seem to be recognizing it correctly.

When I run the lsusb command, the AWUS1900's ID is listed. However, the adapter is missing from my Wi-Fi settings.

Initially, I thought it might be a driver issue. However, when I was using Windows 10 on this same laptop before installing RHEL 9, the adapter worked perfectly and was listed as "WiFi 2."

It almost seems like the adapter isn't receiving enough power to function. The small LED light on the adapter isn't blinking either.

I'm running Kali Linux in a VirtualBox environment on the RHEL 9 host machine. My goal is to eventually use the AWUS1900 within Kali Linux.

Since RHEL 9 doesn't detect the adapter, it's also not showing up in the VirtualBox USB settings for potential pass-through to a Kali Linux VM.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

Attempted to install the "realtek-rtl8814au-dkms" package using "sudo dnf install realtek-rtl8814au-dkms", but the package wasn't found in the repositories.

Searched for alternative driver packages using "sudo dnf search rtl8814au" but no matches were found.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to get my AWUS1900 working in RHEL 9.4.8813 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8814AU 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wireless Adapter

Responses