clean install on RHEL9 of AAP 2.4 playbooks can't reach hosts

Posted on

Hi everyone,

Did a fresh install of AAP2.4 on RHEL9.3 using: https://developers.redhat.com/articles/2023/03/07/install-ansible-23-on-rhel-91#6_steps_to_install_ansible_automation_platform_2_3_on_rhel_9_1 as a starting point.

Running a simple playbook on the CLI works but running the same playbook from within AAP using the Default execution environment fails (i.e the target system is never connected to).

As an example the following playbook should print the nodename of the remote system:

---
 - name: "Playbook to show the ansible_hostname"
   hosts: all
   gather_facts: true

tasks:
    - debug: var=inventory_hostname
    - debug: var=ansible_nodename
#    - debug: var=hostvars

Running on CLI produces the expected result:

TASK [debug] ********************************************************************************************************************************************
ok: [nginx1.lab.example.com] => {
    "ansible_nodename": "nginx1.lab.example.com"

Running from AAP produces this result:

TASK [debug] ********************************************************************************************************************************************
ok: [nginx1.lab.example.com] => {
    "ansible_nodename": "3e6f130a3a96"

So it seems the code just remains "within" the execution environment (the runner/container), what should I do to make the playbook execute against the remote target (i.e. build new Exection evironment, change some parameters??).

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,
Alan

Responses