Repositories RHEL9 Power

Posted on

hi,

I did not want to fill up https://access.redhat.com/discussions/6394941 with questions that probably are not related so I figured I start a new thread.

Installed RHEL9 on 2 POWER10 lpar. (headless)
Installation went fine, created my account at https://access.redhat.com and did the subscription-manager register, both machines show up in the account.

Added both “Red Hat Developer Subscription for Individuals” and the “Red Hat Beta Access” subscriptions to the 2 machines.

redhat.repo is created but to be honest it contains a truckload of repo’s, all enabled=0 and none are really the basic repo’s I would expect.
It’s like 80% rhel-atomic-* repo’s, some SAP but nothing basic like baseos or appstream.

Now to enable the RMC connection with IBM’s vHMC I need a few rpm's but none are available.

Searched the web, the forums and one of the repo's I should add next to baseos and appstream has to be codeready-builder.

Now the only codeready-builder for Power I see on my subsriptions list is codeready-builder-beta-for-rhel-9-ppc64le-rpms is listed under the Red Hat Beta Access subscription which was linked to the machines so did a subscription-manager repos --enable codeready-builder-beta-for-rhel-9-ppc64le-rpms which results eventually in a:

Error: 'codeready-builder-beta-for-rhel-9-ppc64le-rpms' does not match a valid repository ID. Use "subscription-manager repos --list" to see valid repositories.

And correct it is not in the subscription-manager repos –list, which basically show what is in redhat.repo, which is, for my case, a pretty useless set of repo’s. No baseos or appstream listed in there either.

Did all the steps mentioned in the above discussion, so refresh, the remove and re-register etc. but that just ended up in the same situation.

subscription-manager repos --list-enabled shows nothing (as I have not enabled anything from the redhat.repo file).

I managed to add the epel repo just like the IBM repo, but those of course are outside of the subscription-manager scope but show up with yum

yum repolist
Updating Subscription Management repositories.
repo id repo name
Advance_Toolchain Advance Toolchain
IBM_Power_Tools IBM_Power_Tools
epel Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 9 - ppc64le
epel-cisco-openh264 Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 9 openh264 (From Cisco) - ppc64le

I did manage to install the IBM tools as I ended up downloading what I needed and installing it manually, but I am pretty sure that should not be needed.

It is probably something simple and obvious that I am missing here but I really don’t see it.
I figured adding the subscriptions to the machine would thus add those repo's as a possible option to the machines, but it seems I am clearly wrong on that.

• A.

Responses