After Installing RHEL 9, PXE Boot No Longer Works

Posted on

I have a FOG server running on our network. I can capture and deploy images from Windows 10, Ubuntu, and Fedora 38. They all allow me to PXE boot. I installed RHEL 9 (Workstations) and it appears to have changes something about the BIOS. The BIOS has a PXE boot option, but nothing inside of the option to select. Normally there is an IPV4 and IPV6 option to select.
This is all in UEFI. I read in a forum to allow legacy boot. I do that and it allows the legacy PXE boot, but fails. It show the DHCP _ _ _ _ _ _% and tries to load and then: PXE-E79 NBP is too big to fit in free base memory. From other forums, this appears to be an issue with Legacy boot. I can't even get to a network boot when using UEFI
If I re-image the computer with a different OS, then the PXE works fine. It is only not available when using RHEL 9.
If it helps, I am testing from an HP Elite Desk 705.

My goal is to install RHEL9 and then use FOG to capture the image after I set it up as needed, and then deploy it to other machines on the network.
Is there a special way to get PXE boot working with RHEL 9? Thanks for the help in advance.

Responses