DMN: Returning Structures from an Embedded Decision Table

Latest response

I have a model where I need to return data as a custom structure (tQuestion). This works fine if I choose a Decision Table as the boxed expression for a Decision element. Note that there are multiple result columns for each piece of data (label, type) that are used to compose the tQuestion.

custom-structure

However, I want the Decision Table to be embedded as the result for a Context (because having custom variables / context entries will simplify the model). Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the tool to produce the same multiple result columns to represent the custom structure. If I try to add a column to the left or right, I start to get a set of duplicates for each column.

Image 2 (Context w / Decision Table)

Is it possible to model a context that returns a custom structure (from an embedded decision table?)

Another option I tried was to completely remove the result, using the default output to return a structure with the variable (I'm only defining one in this example, but my real context would contain several variables):

context-no-result

I connected this output to another Decision Table which would return a collection:

dmn

end-table

... and that DOES work. However, I'm still curious if there is a way to get the embedded Decision Table to work in a Context.

Responses