- Posted In
- Red Hat Virtualization
I've been attempting to get a CLEAN install of rhevm and a rhevh host and have run into a problem that seems to contradict the nice little videos:
* Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.1 - Installing RHEV Manager :: https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/videos/269993 
* Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.1 - Installing RHEV Hypervisor :: https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/videos/270043 
* Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.1 - Connecting to RHEV Manager via Web Admin Portal :: https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/videos/270093 
* Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.1 - Approving RHEV Hypervisors :: https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/videos/270113 
I install rhevh just fine and in exactly the same way as in video 2.
When I get to logging into the rhevm host (video 3), my host does not appear. When I add it manually, it seems to work and then sets the node as non-operational. When I investigate further, I can see that something different - my rhevh interface is set to breth0, not rhevm,
the management interface. If I then 'fiddle' with the rhevm gui, I can then change the interface from breth0 to rhevm. and eventually it will go green..
My questions are:
- What prevented me from adding this cleanly? What do I check? dns works, rhevm and rhevh can resolve each other and ping each other.
- What logs do look at ? engine.log? ovirt.log?
- How do you CLEANLY recover from this? I am rather tired of running rhevm-cleanup/setup and reinstalling the host every time this happens