RHEV-M error : nonOperationalReason=NETWORK_UNREACHABLE

Latest response

We had to perform  general power cut for our lab servers including the RHEV  ones . Before  this I set all hosts in the maintanance mode.

After the all servers are up and running I cannot get RHEV  to normal - host servers are in non operational mode , fc  domain is in non-responsive mode

/var/log/rhevm/rhevm.log  when tried to activate one of the hosts:

2012-02-12 14:02:47,973 INFO  [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.SetVdsStatusVDSCommand] (pool-11-thread-19) START, SetVdsStatusVDSCommand(vdsId = bb17a744-0b9e-11e1-bed0-2c27d7287d08, status=NonOperational, nonOperationalReason=NETWORK_UNREACHABLE), log id: 78dafc0c

2012-02-12 14:02:47,978 INFO  [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.SetNonOperationalVdsCommand] (pool-11-thread-19) Host RH6LAB2 is set to Non-Operational, it is missing the following networks: apps,

2012-02-12 13:59:50,903 ERROR [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.VdsBrokerCommand] (QuartzScheduler_Worker-83) XML RPC error in command GetCapabilitiesVDS, the error was: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

Ping to it works

/Vlad .

Responses

Please remove "apps" network from clusters -> select the cluster in question -> logical networks or add "apps" network to all hypervisors in the cluster from Hosts -> Network Interfaces -> select an interface and add to "apps" network.

Thanks ,

It  helped for the FC domain  and 2 hosts  inside .

By the way - apps was logical network  never used before .Why it effected on the whole system and  how to prevent  this issue in he future ?

Also , within the same rhev-m we have host server with local storage domain type .When I try to activate its master domain the log says this:

2012-02-12 15:06:37,872 ERROR [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.storage.ActivateStorageDomainCommand] (pool-11-thread-31) Command org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.storage.ActivateStorageDomainCommand throw Vdc Bll exception. With error message VdcBLLException: Cannot allocate IRS server

error code 5009

I found  the problem - after power  cut  a second  nic was  taken by another host .

Hi Vlad, to understand this you need to understand the logical networks in terms of cluster resource. Any logical network (LN) can be used by VMs, depending on the virtual NIC assignment. This means that every host a VM might migrate to (every hopst in the cluster that specific VM belongs to) should have that LN attached and operational. Because otherwise, a VM will migrate to it, and fail to use the LN it requires, and RHEV, after all, is there to serve VMs, and VM operations are the ultimate goal there. 

This is why, if a host is missing anything it needs to provide the conditions for VMs to operate, it becomes non-operational. 

Hope this makes sense

As for the host with the local domain, this is definitely a separate issue, can you open a new thread for that? Don't want to generate clutter, that will not be readable by other users who might find these threads useful in the future