"Promote" alternate RHEVH host to be "Domain Manager" for Storage

Latest response

I put myself in an odd situation while doing some stuff with my lab.  I have 3 hosts (hostnames are self-explanatory)

RHEVM

RHEVH01

RHEVH02

I had shutdown my environment and brought the machines back up.  RHEVH01 had been used to add the storage previously and unfortunately it did not boot completely when I powered the environment up again.  I understand this likely would not take place in an Enterprise environment, however - I could see this possibly happening.

When I had attempted to bring RHEVH02 online, it complained as the storage was not available.  I apologize for not having the specific error, and I hope that someone is familiar with the concept I am talking about.

Question: Essentially if you configured your entire environment using a primary RHEVH node (in my case RHEVH01) and that node becomes not available, how do you tell RHEVM to use an alternate node (RHEVH02) to be the Domain Master for the storage environment?

If my question, or explanation of the problem is unclear, please let me know and suggest how I can update the post to make it more clear.

TIA

Responses