RHEV 3.0 beta bugs

Latest response

[EDIT: This discussion is becoming difficult to follow due to numerous separate issues. If you have a bug or issue relating to RHEV or the RHEV 3.0 beta, please create a new discussion for it. Thanks! -Admin]

There are many bugs with the 3.0 beta.  This is expected, even if some of them are a bit embarrassing (e.g. that you can't register a RHEV-H box to RHN if your RHN password has spaces or special characters - there's zero attempt at escaping or quoting params passed to the shell in basically all of RHEV, which often causes large amounts of brokenness).

However, there's nowhere in bugzilla that I can find to file bugs for any part of RHEV.

I'll put a few examples in this post, some of which are very serious:

• No escaping or quoting of shell commands, anywhere
  • RHEV-H install interface often fails to work entirely if the primary hard disk is not empty
  • RHEV-M setup script assumes that a remote auth domain will use a FDQN (not always the case with AD domains)
  • RHEV-M setup script when re-run due to an error the first time around, adds clone entries to the postgres DB, which breaks login entirely.  Easiest fix seems to be dropping the database, running ipa-server-setup --uninstall and starting again, but this is not documented.
  • RHEV-M setup often thinks IPA setup worked when it hasn't
  • RHEV-M won't add RHEV-H 6.2b hosts out of the box.  The RHEV-M message is "install failed.  Consult logs for details" -- although it doesn't specify which logs, and I've been unable to find anything useful on the RHEV-M box.
  • RHEV-H 6.2b won't register with RHEV-M 3.0b out of the box.  It tries to get a bunch of things from /var/www/html on the -M box, which fails, as that dir is empty.  Copying the files from /var/lib/jbossas/server/rhevm-slimmed/deploy/ROOT.war/ helps, but the SSL negotion still fails.
  • Even when the above SSL error is fixed, it's still impossible to register the host to RHEV-M as it tries to call /RHEVManagerWeb/VdsAutoRegistration.aspx, which does not exist.
  • RHEV-H 6.2b doesn't appear to register properly to RHN - it seems to want a full RHEL entitlement, and fails if there are only RHEV entitlements available.

There are many, many more bugs, but this is a start.  It'd be nice to have some way of submitting them so they can be fixed

Responses