Adding Persistent Routs

Posted on

Hi

Need to add persistent routes on a couple of RHEV hosts. I have been told to use and I see these procedures but not really clear on what to enter:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_virtualization/4.4/html/administration_guide/chap-logical_networks

Procedure

Connect to the host you want to configure.
On the host, create a static_route.yml file, with the following example content:

routes:
config:
- destination: 192.168.123.0/24
next-hop-address: 192.168.178.1
next-hop-interface: eth1
Replace the example values shown with real values for your network.
To route your traffic to a secondary added network, use next-hop-interface to specify an interface or network name.

To use a non-virtual machine network, specify an interface such as eth1.
To use a virtual machine network, specify a network name that is also the bridge name such as net1.
Run this command:

$ nmstatectl set static_route.yml**

The directions I was given was to do this:

• Use "nmstatectl show ovirtmgmt > static_route.yml" to get a starting .yml file

• Update the static_route.yml, keep the routes_ctl and routes section.

• update the destination to be the external network and set the next-hop-address/interface entries to be the gateway and the local interface id.

• Use "nmstatectl set static_route.yml" to apply the settings.

I understand what is happening here. I make a .yml file then apply it with the last command.

What I don't follow is what exactly do I put in the YAML file? Just the routes I want to add? What about all the data that is already in the settings that are already on the ovirtmgmt file? Ovirtmgmt is the interface I am wanting these routes to go through.

For example in the ovirtmgmt there is no routes_ctl section. The sections I see are:
-- dns-resolver:
--route-rules:
--routes:
-config: has several entries here (metric, next-hop-address, next-
hop-interfaces, table-id:254)
-running: several destinations including the ones I staticly added
with cli.
--interfaces
- Name
--ovs: db

for the new yml file dio I just add the routes I want added? When I run the set command what happens to all the other data in the ovirtmgmt file?

Thanks.

Responses