Red Hat Solutions 4005641 is seen on RHEL 8 (4.18.0-80.11.2.el8_0.x86_64)

Latest response

Hi All,

I am currently getting the following failure on RHEL 8 (4.18.0-80.11.2.el8_0.x86_64).

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/4005641

When I first ran across this problem on RHEL 7.6, I could have sworn I saw a resolution entry for RHEL 8 as well. Well, that has since been removed, or I was dreaming. In any rate, I can't find an Errata to apply to fix this issue in RHEL 8. Has a fix for this been released for RHEL 8 yet?

Thanks In Advance for the help.

Regards,
Joe

Responses

Hi Joe Moriarty,

Please submit a case with Red Hat with a description such as above, and add the missing web-link if you still happen to have that link (the one you say no longer exists).

I don't work for Red Hat and I can't look to see if they took a particular solution offline.

If you are able to boot into the previous kernel, try that and provide Red Hat an SOS report (and tell them you booted into the previous kernel in the case)

Regards

RJ

Hi R. Hinton,

Unfortunately, I do not have permissions to supply Red Hat with support cases. BTW, this only happens when you load the ipmi_si driver in RHEL 8 and it does not automatically startup when the OS is started. I get the exact same kernel panic dump as in the Red Hat Solutions for RHEL 7.6 and RHEL 7.7. This is the exact same problem. If someone could notify Red Hat of this problem, then that would be great. Better yet, if someone can point me to the Errata solution, then I would be happy.

Regards, Joe