Autologin does not work with start time

Latest response

After the update to 7.6 the autologin with wait of time no longer works and I have correctly configured the custom.conf

GDM configuration storage
[daemon]
TimedLoginEnable = true
TimedLogin = (user)
TimedLoginDelay = 30

I need you to wait 30 seconds to log in, but it does not work anymore after moving to version 7.6. It only works with immediate session start and I require it to have the 30 second delay.

Some help?

cat /etc/os-release

NAME="Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server"
VERSION="7.6 (Maipo)"
ID="rhel"
ID_LIKE="fedora"
VARIANT="Server"
VARIANT_ID="server"
VERSION_ID="7.6"
PRETTY_NAME="Red Hat Enterprise Linux"
ANSI_COLOR="0;31"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:7.6:GA:server"
HOME_URL="https://www.redhat.com/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugzilla.redhat.com/"

REDHAT_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT="Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7"
REDHAT_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT_VERSION=7.6
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT="Red Hat Enterprise Linux"
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT_VERSION="7.6"

Responses

Hello Jose,

Honestly curious, do you by chance have a custom graphics driver such as NVdia? Or perhaps another custom graphics card?

If you can, run the following commands: (You can change virtual consoles by using Ctrl+Alt+F3 and back with Ctrl+Alt+F1)

lspci | egrep -i vga

Also, by chance, is this an HP 700x workstation? we had some issues with HP 7000 workstations with AMD and in some cases putting in an NVIDIA card helped us bypass the actual issue. In our specific case here, these specific systems would boot, act like they would accept a graphical login, but after accepting the credentials, and a screen flash, it would return to a graphical login (for non-local accounts). Local accounts on the system itself had no issue.

Since you mentioned that this worked before, I ruled out running systemctl get-default or systemctl set-default graphical.target commands.

Post back, and let us know, someone ought to chime in

Regards

RJ

I'm having this same issue. Patched a system and the release changed from 7.5 to 7.6 and now the "TimedLoginDelay" doesn't work. It immediately logs in and doesn't present an opportunity to use another user account NOT configured to autologin.