Removing dependency on "unsupported" org.jboss.vfs jboss built-in module

Posted on

My web application has a dependency on VFS and until now, I've been using the built-in JBoss EAP 6.4 org.jboss.vfs module to satisfy this dependency. However I now have a requirement to remove dependency on "unsupported" and "private" modules.

The issue is if I remove the dependency on the org.jboss.vfs module I am unable to find a combination of external jar files that work for my application (the webapp deploys successfully, but on loading the application URL the web server reports it no longer has a mapping to the requested URL in the DispatcherServlet, with no other useful log messages).

I tried various combinations of redhat and non-redhat jar files of the same versions as I see in the JBOSS_HOME/modules/org/jboss/vfs module.xml and its dependencies, starting with jboss-vfs-3.2.9.Final-redhat-1.jar and jboss-vfs-3.2.9.Final.jar.

I'd appreciate any ideas how to configure this without the built-in org.jboss.vfs module, or is it actually safe to use the built-in module despite it being labelled as unsupported?

Responses