cannot reset server for my lab

Latest response

I cannot reset server last 2 days. I also try to delete Lab and re-provision. It wasted a lot my time to try to reset the server. Action --> reset does not work. Anyone can help. I had to redo the lab 2nd time....
Please help!

Thanks!

Responses

Hi Shanna Chan,

Your Red Hat Learning Subscription is a supported product. I recommend you submit a case with Red Hat. Let them know which course (not here, in a Red Hat case) https://access.redhat.com/support/cases/. One of the course administrators does on occasion check the forum, but you ought to submit a ticket for this issue since this is supported.

One thought, perhaps try a different browser (but do submit a case)

Hi Shanna Chan

I have had the same and after opening a case it is now resolved.

Do not hesitate to submit one so.

Hi, I have the same issue. I can't reset a particular server, I need to delete the lab and provision it again.

Thanks all. I ended up deleting and re-provisioning the lab instead. I did open a case and that we what was suggested as well.

I think Shanna Chan is correct,

As I recall, there's times I've had to delete a lab entirely and re-provision it as well, and then it worked, just as Shanna Chan said. Sorry I didn't post that earlier. (Shanna, congrats on becoming a Red-Hatter)

ADDED: Anyone coming across this later - Reminder, see my original post, the first reply that recommends opening a ticket with Red Hat, where I also added - since this is a supported product.

Shanna,

Red Hat Employees use a separate online training system which is cloned from the one we use for external customers. However, because it's not quite exactly the same it can behave differently than the customer-facing system. It also has it's own, internal support infrastructure. Community posts may not be the best avenue for getting support as your system may behave differently than what other members of the community experience.

-STM

Scott McBrien Principal Product Manager, Red Hat Online Training Red Hat Certified Architect, Level VI (100-000-264)

Having the same problem. So is the solution to delete the lab completely and reprovision? Or does support have another solution to fix this?

Also, how do i open a ticket, anyway?

Ronald,

Sorry you're having trouble with your lab. As you know, Red Hat Learning Subscription is a supported product and going through support will be faster than attempting to diagnose here (see last paragraph, and Scott McBrien's comments above too). I recommend you submit a case with Red Hat. Community support may not be the best avenue to get your issue resolved.

• Go to this link: https://access.redhat.com/support/cases/, which is at the top of this page too, named SUPPORT CASES.
  • In the Product drop down, select: Red Hat Online Learning (NOTE: You will need to scroll down through a list in the drop-down menu)
  • Important, in the Product Version drop down, select the largest number (as I type this, it is 1.0, but that may change over time) NOTE: the "Submit" button won't activate until this is selected.
  • In the Case Type drop down, select: Other
  • In the Problem Statement block, enter something concise, the course number, and a small description.
  • In the Case Description block, enter the specifics.

The other blocks are straightforward enough. When I've submitted a ticket for Red Hat Online Learning, I make it a low priority, it certainly is not production. One of the course administrators does on occasion check the forum, but you ought to submit a ticket for this issue since this is supported.

The Training Principal Product Manager also highly recommends submitting a case for this, as the experiences of one customer in resolution may not necessarily work with another (paraphrasing) see this link, it leads to his comments Also examine the Red Hat course updates page at https://access.redhat.com/discussions/3344631. for up to the date info they post.

Regards,

RJ