Snippet

Latest response

I have snippet which create script to run in post configuration, I want to add satellite user in that script

i.e
cat > /root/join_realm.sh << EOF

!/bin/bash

realm join --user=SATELLITE-USER
--computer-ou=OU=OU_LINUX-GENERAL,OU=OU_Servers,DC=XXXX-,DC=ITSA,DC=YYYY,DC=YYYY zzz.zzz.zzz.zzzz --verbose

I tried to look in A.3. Satellite Specific Functions and Variables all found @host /os related variables and functions

Regards

Responses

Muhammad,

I don't quite understand what you are trying to do. If I understand correctly, you want to specify a specific Satellite user, to be used when joining a host to a specific realm. Why are you insisting on a Satellite user? There is only one default Satellite user, admin, but as that account has complete access and authority within Satellite, you should not use that user.

Hi Russel,

I am looking for use user who logins to Satellite Server, I am deploying VM who needs to join realm join (LDAP) with his credentials

Hello,

Satellite 6 templating engine runs in safe-mode where you allowed only to subset of variables and methods for security reasons. You can access owner using this syntax:

<%= @host.owner =>

This should render to owner name, if not then each host owner has id, login, email and few more fields, example:

<%= @host.owner.login =>

You may need to turn off safemode for this method and file RFE to include this method in safe-mode in the future version.

Sidenote: You cannot reach to accounts password as this is hashed in the database for INTERNAL type of accounts, or not even stored in Satellite 6 for LDAP.

Tip: You can test the ERB syntax in console mode:

# foreman-rake console
> Host.where(name: "joan-jacoby.home.lan").first.owner
=> #<User:0x00560ff866d6f0
 id: 4,
 login: "admin",
 firstname: "Admin",
 lastname: "User",
 mail: "root@brq.redhat.com",
 admin: true,
 last_login_on: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 12:06:21 UTC +00:00,
 auth_source_id: 1,
 created_at: Thu, 01 Jun 2017 10:13:01 UTC +00:00,
 updated_at: Thu, 01 Jun 2017 10:14:14 UTC +00:00,
 password_hash: "38a7c6088e13799b4dd70d76e2bfeb5720ea360e",
 password_salt: "4852ef8b3e0388852f19e283af278b8a3c6327e5",
 locale: nil,
 default_organization_id: nil,
 default_location_id: nil,
 lower_login: "admin",
 mail_enabled: true,
 timezone: nil,
 description: nil>

Hi Lukas,

What are the side effects if we turn off safe mode (functional and security wise), does it will effect upgrade

Regards

Close

Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.