Yum update error

Latest response

Hi,

I'm not able to update with YUM. What should i do?

yum update

Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager
file:///cdrom/Server/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] curl#37 - "Couldn't open file /cdrom/Server/repodata/repomd.xml"
Trying other mirror.
No packages marked for update

Responses

It appears you have a repo in /etc/yum.repos.d which is looking for software on a mounted DVD. Remove the repo from /etc/yum.repos.d then try again.

I removed dvd.repo. But then it gave me this message.

Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription- : manager certificate verify failed

I solved the problem with in /etc/rhsm/rhsm.conf But now when i try to run "yum update" command, it just says "No packages marked for update" .

Is this normal? I'm sorry, i am quite new in this operating system.

I would re-enable certificate validation in /etc/rhsm/rhsm.conf. Which RHEL release are you using? Is your RHEL instance registered with RHSM or Satellite?

I'm using rhel 7 and yes i have already registered to the system. in /etc/rhsm/rhsm.conf, i changed "insecure=0 " to "insecure=1" . Do i have to set to 0 again?

Set to insecure=0. What are your settings for the fields below in /etc/rhsm/rhsm.conf?

hostname=
prefix=
baseurl=
repo_ca_cert = 
hostname = subscription.rhsm.redhat.com$
prefix = /subscription$
baseurl= https://cdn.redhat.com$
ca_cert_dir = /etc/rhsm/ca/$
repo_ca_cert = %(ca_cert_dir)sredhat-uep.pem$

Looks ok, except those $ characters at the end of each line.

Are there other repos defined in /etc/yum.repos.d? Have a look at Example 8.25. A sample /etc/yum.repos.d/redhat.repo file

I'm so sorry for the late reply. I looked there but i didn't see anything to solve the problem.

There are nly these repos defines in /etc/yum.repos.d : epel.repo epel-testing.repo google-chrome.repo redhat.repo

Check contents of redhat.repo cat /etc/yum.repos.d/redhat.repo. Are they enabled? should read enabled = 1

No, they are not. They all equal to 0. Do i need to change it all of them to 1 ?

Try changing them to 1.

I did and run the yum update command.

Another app is currently holding the yum lock; waiting for it to exit...
  The other application is: PackageKit
    Memory :  74 M RSS (523 MB VSZ)
    Started: Wed Mar  1 17:51:57 2017 - 01:24 ago
    State  : Sleeping, pid: 6154

After that with "ps aux | grep yum" , i found the id and kill the process. And then i run the yum update again. Actually it works! But at the end it gave me the following error :

** Found 6 pre-existing rpmdb problem(s), 'yum check' output follows:
ipa-admintools-4.4.0-14.el7_3.4.noarch has installed conflicts freeipa-admintools: ipa-admintools-4.4.0-14.el7_3.4.noarch
ipa-client-4.4.0-14.el7_3.4.x86_64 has installed conflicts freeipa-client: ipa-client-4.4.0-14.el7_3.4.x86_64
ipa-client-common-4.4.0-14.el7_3.4.noarch has installed conflicts freeipa-client-common: ipa-client-common-4.4.0-14.el7_3.4.noarch
ipa-common-4.4.0-14.el7_3.4.noarch has installed conflicts freeipa-common: ipa-common-4.4.0-14.el7_3.4.noarch
ipa-server-4.4.0-14.el7_3.4.x86_64 has installed conflicts freeipa-server: ipa-server-4.4.0-14.el7_3.4.x86_64
ipa-server-common-4.4.0-14.el7_3.4.noarch has installed conflicts freeipa-server-common: ipa-server-common-4.4.0-14.el7_3.4.noarch

What is this and is this really important? I'm so sorry for the lots of questions and problems.

No action required for now. Red Hat are pursuing a fix for this.

See this KB - Package conflicts with ipa and freeipa

That's a relief! Thank you so much for your effort.

Have a great day !

Hi Comugeomatik, her the answer:

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/2774681

Regards

Hello Comugeomatik,

Did you run below command, before yum update? It might be that you hit cached repo info from the installer. yum clean all

Kind regards,

Jan Gerrit

Hi Jan,

Yes i did and nothing happen. But thank you for your attention.

Have a good day!

Hi team I am couldn't update yum package and i cant install ftp server

please support I couldn't install an FTP server

Hi Bikrant,

Please open a new discussion with the exact error you get. This thread is 3 years old.

Regards,

Jan Gerrit Kootstra P.S. this is a customer forum, so on a holiday like today not all might respond.

Thanks for response My problem is tha i couldn't install the FTP server

Error is showing have couldn't open repo

I have use Os rhel7

Hi Bikrant,

Please follow the advice from Jan Gerrit Kootstra and open a NEW discussion - and : please provide comprehensive details there. :)

Regards,
Christian