Hypervisor installation clarification

Latest response

Apologies in advance for what might be a "duh" question, but according to the installation instructions at this link:

https://access.redhat.com/products/red-hat-virtualization#getstarted

It seems to imply to install a hypervisor, you install RHEL 7 first, install RHEV-M on the fresh install, and then load the Hypervisor on top of that. Note that up until step 4, you install RHEV-M and configure. At step 5/6, you download the RHV hypervisor ISO and install that, but it doesn't say anything about installing it to a separate server.

That doesn't seem to make sense to install the RHEV-M, configure it, and then overwrite it with the hypervisor ISO, but maybe I'm missing something. (or maybe these instructions are leaving out some details).

Thanks in advance.

Paul Greene's picture

Responses

Hello Paul,

This seems a documentation error.

The hypervisor has to be deployed on a physical server, in a standard deployment it has to be on a different server then the manager.

I opened Red Hat Case: 01757199 to have the document reviewed by Red Hat support.

Kind regards,

Jan Gerrit Kootstra

Thanks for the quick response - I thought that was the case, but had to verify it to make sure.

Hello Paul,

Your remark/question is valided by Red Hat support and upgraded to a Bugzilla for the Documentation team. You could create a bugzilla login and follow the status of your issue on this link https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1404374

Regards,

Jan Gerrit

Hi Guys,

I would like to ask you how can i install RHEV-H 4.1, I cannot find the ISO image at all, there are only :

RHV-M Appliance for 4.1 (OVA file) and

RHV 4.1 Guest Tools ISO

Thanks in Advance

Was this helpful?

We appreciate your feedback. Leave a comment if you would like to provide more detail.
It looks like we have some work to do. Leave a comment to let us know how we could improve.
Close

Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.