NFS over GFS2 fsid option question

Posted on

Several years of running this I have never seen this in the documentation before. But searching for something else I came accorss this:

The fsid= NFS option is mandatory for NFS exports of GFS2.

located at:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/Global_File_System_2/index.html#s2-fssize-gfs2

So all of my gfs2 file systems on my cluster have a default fsid generated by the system when I created it such as:

clusterfs device="/dev/vg3/disted" force_unmount="on" fsid="41128" fstype="gfs2" mountpoint="/mnt/disted" name="gfs24_disted" options="defaults,noatime,localflocks"/

All of my file systems are nfs exported. I'm unclear if the option it talks about above goes in place of the 41128 fsid in my example or if it goes in the nfs options as "defaults,noatime,localflocks,fsid=NFS"

If it is suppose to go in the fsid filed instead of teh 41128 listed, is that something I can just change or is it too late? What is the impact?

We have had a lot of problems with these volumes failing over with odd errors in the logs along with the volumes hanging and failing to umount and going into a failed state that support has never been able to resolve for us. I'm wondering if this configuration issue could be part of the problem and surprised support has never caught this when looking at my cluster.conf. Any advice is appreciated!

Responses