How to Create a New Red Hat Login ID and Account
- Important Notes
- If you need to join an existing account, please contact your account Organization Administrator. 1
- The following steps are exclusively for creating a new login ID and account separate from any existing accounts.
- Once a login ID has been created, it can not be changed.
- Login IDs can not be linked, merged, transferred, or reused between accounts.
Steps for creating a new Red Hat login ID and Account
Navigate to the Red Hat login ID Creation Page.
Select the account type.
Select Corporate if using the account with an Organization or Business. A corporate Red Hat account allows a set of users to centrally purchase or administer systems within a corporate organization (system administrators, purchasing agents, IT management, etc.) If you have created a Corporate type account and require an account number, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select Personal if the account will only have a single user and not be used for business purposes. A personal Red Hat account is for purchasing or administering your own personal systems.
Create a unique login ID with at least five characters.
- It is not recommended to use your contact email as the login ID as this can cause issues at log-in if you are associated with multiple accounts.
Create a strong and unique password.
Fill in the rest of your personal information in the fields needed.
If you have questions or need additional guidance on setting up a Red Hat login ID and account, please contact email@example.com.
To join an existing Red hat account, the Organization Administrator must perform one of the following procedures.
To add a single user to an existing account, follow these steps.
To add multiple users to an existing account, follow these steps. ↩︎
- Red Hat Customer Portal
- Article Type