The purpose of this reference architecture is to demonstrate how a Highly Available Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform, is deployed on servers running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7. The deployment is orchestrated by using the Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform Installer. The Installer is a wizard-based tool that makes enterprise-grade installations much easier. The Installer is built upon the Foreman deployment tool's capabilities, to discover and provision the hosts, orchestrate the deployment, and configure OpenStack services and components.
This reference architecture introduces Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform version 6 running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 7.0, through a detailed use case:
* Installing Red Hat’s OpenStack technology using the Installer
* Deploying Ceph Storage environment and integrating with OpenStack
* Network configuration using Neutron networking - Virtual Extensible Local Area Network (VXLAN) network type and Modular Layer 2 (ML2) plugin.
* Highly available (HA) environment using Pacemaker and HAProxy
* Using Bare-metal hardware for the deployed hosts