- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.8
- Qlogic driver version:8.03.07.03.05.07
- Boot from SAN
- This problem was initially reported by HP Storage Division, but could possibly affect other vendor solutions and configurations.
- In rare instances with boot from SAN configurations and QLogic HBAs, some I/O error recovery scenarios can lead to system hangs.
- The following bug has been fixed in following errata: RHBA-2012-0361
A recent change in the QLogic driver introduced a bug which could, under rare circumstances, cause the system to become unresponsive. This problem occurred during I/O error recovery on systems using SAN configurations with QLogic Fibre Channel Hot Bus Adapters (HBAs). This update corrects the qlogic driver so the system no longer hangs in this scenario.
A internal bugzilla for this issue was filed : Bug 782790
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.