- What is recommended sector size for a disk?
- How can we change sector size of a disk from 512 Bytes to 4096 Bytes?
Is it possible to change the block size on SCSI disk devices? The
blockdevcommand in RHEL provides information about currently used block size for SCSI disk, is there any utility/command to change block size?
$ blockdev --getbsz /dev/sdab 4096 $ blockdev --getbsz /dev/sdac 4096 $ blockdev --getbsz /dev/sdag 4096 $ blockdev --getbsz /dev/sdar 4096 $ blockdev --getbsz /dev/sdak 4096
How do I modify the block size of a disk device?
- How can I change the block size to 4Kb for a disk device? The device currently shows 512 bytes.
- How can I change the block size to 8Kb for a disk device?
- How can I change the block size to 16Kb for a disk device?
- How can I change the block size to 128Kb for a disk device?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- SCSI disk(s)
- ATA disk(s)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.