- Red Hat JBoss Data Services (EDS) 5.3.1
- PostgreSQL ODBC Driver for Linux
- After installing RHEL version of PostgreSQL ODBC driver, we are able to connect to VDB in JBoss EDS 5.3.1 but running any queries throws below error message:
[ODBC lib] Unicode converter truncated character
- Our application needs the ANSI ODBC driver instead of Unicode, Windows has both of these PosgreSQL ODBC drivers, how do I get the ANSI version for Linux?
Red Hat only packages the Unicode compiled Linux driver, you would need to download and build your own from the PostgreSQL ODBC site using the --disable-unicode option on the configure:
- Download the driver source from: http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/src/psqlodbc-08.04.0200.tar.gz
Basic build steps are at: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/6.4/static/odbc18456.htm and http://psqlodbc.projects.pgfoundry.org/docs/unix-compilation.html
In the build directory, do the following:
1. ./configure --disable-unicode --without-libpq
(Expect lots of warnings, but the driver will build.)
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.