- Even when setting a user's umask to be more permissive than 022 (the default), such as 007, this more permissive umask is not respected by any application that's started from the Gnome desktop.
- Files written with LibreOffice (or gedit for that matter) are still created with a 022 umask.
- Any file written by any desktop application appears to be written with the incorrect umask.
- This happens for all files written through a Gnome GUI application. Creating files from a terminal are written with the correct permissions.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.