- There is a kickstart server containing kickstart profiles hosted in using
- The network contains no DHCP server, all the machines have static IP addresses.
- Bare metal kickstart installation is failing to get Kickstart profile from the kickstart server when initiated with the following
boot: linux ks=http://server.example.com/ks.cfg ksdevice=eth0 text
- The following messages can be seen in another consoles.
11:16:36,542 INFO : kernel command line: linux ks=http://server.example.com/ks.cfg ksdevice=eth0 text initrd=initrd.img \ BOOT_IMAGE=vmlinuz initrd=initrd.img vmlinuz 11:16:36,542 INFO : text mode forced from cmdline 11:16:36,542 INFO : anaconda version 13.21.117 on x86_64 starting 11:16:36,562 INFO : 2055868 kB are available 11:16:42,029 INFO : Trying to detect vendor driver discs 11:16:46,623 INFO : getting kickstart file 11:16:46,629 ERROR : eth0 has link, using it 11:16:46,629 ERROR : failed to configure network interface 11:16:46,629 ERROR : unable to activate device eth0
- If the command line parameter
asknetworkis used to configure Static IP information first, then installation completes properly, but
hostnamecan't get set. Following works fine.
boot: linux ks=http://server.example.com/ks.cfg ksdevice=eth0 text asknetwork
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6
- Bare Metal Kickstart Installation in a network with no DHCP
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.