RHEL servers which have been configured to use NetworkManager and DHCP for network configuration are affected by CVE-2018-1111. A malicious DHCP server could use this flaw to execute code with root privileges.
This vulnerability specifically impacts the RHEL dhclient package. The critical RHSA update issued for this vulnerability requires that customers install the updated package on all RHEL systems, specifically if using NetworkManager with interfaces configured using DHCP.
This document is written to answer the following questions:
- Is my RHOSP undercloud vulnerable to CVE-2018-1111?
- Are instances in my RHOSP cloud vulnerable to CVE-2018-1111?
- What can I do to protect my RHOSP environment?
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 12
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 11
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.