- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- When starting an application in GNOME (i.e. Firefox), the mouse pointer should turn in a spinning icon (animated).
- However in stead of this animated pointer, there is no pointer shown at all.
tigervnc-servernot displaying animated cursor.
- Unable to see waiting cursor state if any process progress running.
- A request to resolve this issue is filed and it's being tracked in following RedHat Bugzilla : 1212460
- Below are the steps to reproduce the issue:
- On RHEL6.6 system install
- As a user start a vncserver:
- Connect to the VNC session with a client.
Firefoxfrom the GNOME panel.
- Watch the mouse pointer disappear until
Firefoxhas started (if the VNC client option "Show dot when no cursor" is set, a square dot will be shown)
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.