kickstart network by script

Latest response

I am running Satellite 5.6. I have been trying many different ways of generating a network statement through the kickstart wizard. I do not want to enter the network definition through the Advanced Options, but instead build a script that will generate the appropriate definition. As a test, I have a system with a bonded network adapter. I can get the appropriate configuration by entering the following either in the Advanced Options (without the network statement header) or by placing the network statement in the Partitioning text box:

network --device=bond0 --hostname=llrhnt00.ccci.org --ip=10.10.11.9 --gateway=10.10.11.254 --netmask=255.255.255.0 --nameserver=10.10.10.36,10.10.10.17,10.10.10.38 --bootproto=static --bondopts=mode=802.3ad,miimon=100,lacp_rate=fast --bondslaves=eth1,eth0

I have attempted to generate the network with a pre-script with an echo in a snippet in a pre-script and by writing the network statement into a /tmp/netinfo file and using %include /tmp/netinfo in the Partitioning box.

Responses