Default GCC compiler too old

Posted on

Hi,

I recently started using RHEL 7.5 for development. I use R and installed the Microsoft R open in RHEL 7.5. Had some problems installing the standard R version because of missing libraries (TEXINFO-TEX). But the Microsoft R Open runs great.

I Need to install a package "mvMORPH" but the installation fails:

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘mvMORPH’ in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
unable to load shared object '/home/rguariento/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.4/mvMORPH/libs/mvMORPH.so':
/home/rguariento/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.4/mvMORPH/libs/mvMORPH.so: undefined symbol: dpftrf_

When searching in the web I found a solution by a user:

"I found the reason. the version of libgomp.so.1 is too old. I download gcc 4.9.2, extract new libgomp.so.1, then replace old one. then solved my issue."

However I don't know how to get this libgomp.so.1 from the gcc 4.9.2 and replace in the current default version 4.8.5 from RHEL 7.5.

Does anyone have an idea how to do this?

I downloaded the devetoolset-3 with the 4.9.2 version of the GCC, but R uses the 4.8.5 by default. If I could replace the 4.8 by 4.9 would work, I think, but I don't how to do this as well.

Thanks in advance.

Responses