New VMs registered to Satellite 6 only get base Repo

Latest response

Initially I was able to successfully register a new RHEL 7 VM (vmware-based) to the new satellite 6 server but got the message about a guest license. I followed this kb article (https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1237473) to get virt-who configured and running. I have to do almost everything via a proxy server due to our networking policies, however the new VM did connect to the vcenter and pull down all the hypervisor information and I can see all of that in my Satellite server.

The problem is that the VM still only gets the base RHEL 7 repo and none of the other channels. I have the content views created that include all of those additional channels (Extra RPMs, Optional, supplementary, Common).

I have my satellite server also registered with a different activation key that would include the Satellite repos and it also only gets the base channel.

I have verified that I can go into the newly registered host and click on the product content tab and override the defaults and then that VM will get the new repos. But I don't want to have to override on a case by case basis like that.

Why are my content views not being honored when registering a new VM? Is this due to the auto-attach? That seems to only be for subscriptions and not specific repos.

Responses