Chapter 30. Initial Setup
- Using thebase environment in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux setup.
- Using a Kickstart file that contains one of the following entries in the
- the initial-setup-gui package for graphical mode
- the initial-setup package for text mode
- the x11 group
- the gnome-desktop group
- the kde-desktop group
Options in the Initial Setup
|Option||Graphical User Interface||Text User Interface|
|License agreement [a]||Yes||Yes|
|Language settings [b]||No||Yes|
|Date & time [b]||Yes||Yes [c]|
|Network & host name [b]||Yes||No|
|Root password [b]||Yes||Yes [c]|
|User creation [b]||Yes||Yes|
[a] This option is only displayed if you did not previously agreed to the license.
[b] This option is only displayed if you did not previously set it.
[c] This option is only available if you run Initial Setup in reconfiguration mode
firstboot --enable --reconfig
--reconfigoption specifies that all options should be displayed. For further details about Kickstart installations, see Chapter 26, Kickstart Installations.
30.1. Graphical Mode
Figure 30.1. Main Initial Setup Screen
Figure 30.2. License Information Screen
30.1.1. Subscription Manager
Figure 30.3. Subscription Manager Screen
- Customer Portal Subscription Management, hosted services from Red Hat (the default)
- Subscription Asset Manager, an on-premise subscription server which proxies content delivery back to the Customer Portal's services
- CloudForms System Engine, an on-premise service which handles both subscription services and content delivery