Chapter 4. Hyper-V restrictions and support
4.1. Hyper-V drivers
- Hyper-V vmbus driver (hv_vmbus) - Provides the infrastructure for other Hyper-V drivers to communicate with the hypervisor.
- Utility driver (hv_utils) - Provides Hyper-V integration services such as shutdown, time synchronization, heartbeat and Key-Value Pair Exchange.
- Network driver (hv_netvsc) - Provides network performance improvements.
- Storage driver (hv_storvsc) - Increases performance when accessing storage (IDE and SCSI) devices.
- Mouse driver (hid_hyperv) - Improves user experience by allowing mouse focus changes for a virtualized guest.
- Clocksource driver - This driver provides a stable clock source for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.11 running within the Hyper-V platform.
# /sbin/lsmod | grep hv hv_netvsc 57153 0 hv_utils 41841 0 hv_storvsc 47681 2 hv_vmbus 66105 4 hv_netvsc,hid_hyperv,hv_utils,hv_storvsc