- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP)
- Red Hat JBoss Data Services (EDS)
- Red Hat JBoss SOA Platform (SOA-P)
- Current architecture utilizes the JBOSS SOA-P/EDS platform (which contains EAP 5.1.1). Planning to point JBOSS EAP 5.1.2 at the same database instance and schema that is used for JBOSS SOA-P/EDS. Red Hat has confirmed that the supporting schema is the same between the two versions of EAP, but will this configuration work and is it supportable?
- Is sharing a schema between nodes of the same cluster a safe practice?
- Is it possible to use a single schema for all of the nodes in a given cluster?
A single database schema for the standard JBoss EAP services can be shared by all instances within the same cluster. For instance, clustered JBoss Messaging requires a shared schema.
Instances that are not in the same cluster should not share the same schema.
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Red Hat JBoss SOA Platform
- Red Hat JBoss Data Services
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.