Is it possible to have Multicast In Openstack Environment ?
- We have use case where our application should support for multicast.
1) We should have multicast between virtual machines in openstack environment.
2) We should have multicast from openstack Virtual machine to external physical machine.
- In openstack how can we achieve the multicast or do we have any configuration to achieve this?
- Is it possible to use UDP multicast in JGroups to detect other EAP or JDG cluster instances?
- Is it possible to use JGroups UDG multicast in an Openstack environment?
- There are different IP addresses shown in JGroups multicast tests, does that mean it is not working?
-> receiver side [user@teset001 ~]# java -cp jgroups-3.6.3.Final-redhat-4.jar org.jgroups.tests.McastReceiverTest -mcast_addr 184.108.40.206 -port 55201 -bind_addr X.Y.Z.1 Socket=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:55201, bind interface=/X.Y.Z.1 Socket=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:55201, bind interface=/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1%lo Socket=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:55201, bind interface=/127.0.0.1 hello [sender=X.Y.Z.10:55201] <-- here X.Y.Z.2 is expected -> sender side [user@test002 ~]# java -cp jgroups-3.6.3.Final-redhat-4.jar org.jgroups.tests.McastSenderTest -mcast_addr 220.127.116.11 -port 55201 -bind_addr X.Y.Z.2 Socket=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:55201, ttl=32, bind interface=/X.Y.Z.2 Socket=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:55201, ttl=32, bind interface=/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1%lo Socket=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:55201, ttl=32, bind interface=/127.0.0.1 > hello
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 7.0 and later (RHOSP)
- Red Hat OpenStack 4.0 to 6.0 (RHOS)
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP)
- Red Hat JBoss Data Grid (JDG)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.