- Security scanner detects CVE-2003-0001 Ethernet frame padding leak
- Sensitive information is being leaked into the Ethernet frame padding on RHEL servers.
- This can be seen by running packet capture of ARP broadcasts.
- Multiple ethernet Network Interface Card (NIC) device drivers do not pad frames with null bytes, which allows remote attackers to obtain information from previous packets or kernel memory by using malformed packets, as demonstrated by Etherleak.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Network interface using Ethernet
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.