- I am trying to install openstack Environment using foreman. I want only four nodes : Deployment foreman server, Controller, Compute and Storage.
But I am confuse about the host groups which you mentioned in the foreman GUI: Controller(neutron), Compute(neutron), Controller(nova network), Compute(nova network), Neutron Network.As per my understanding , each group should have separate node.
So, My Questions are :
- Difference between Controller(neutron) & Controller(nova network) host group?
- Difference between Compute(neutron) & Compute(nova network) host group?
- In what conditions, we have to use neutron network host group?
- Can we use only controller(neutron) and compute(neutron) without neutron network host group. will that work?
- If 4th point works then where will neutron services run, do we have to define externally?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 4.0
- Foreman installation
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.