slapd hangs after being restarted while an operation modifying many entries is being run. The slapd's core file captured by gcore command says as follows:
- A worker-thread is waiting for mutex.
- A thread that locked the mutex is already gone.
This happens when:
- slapd exits without cleaning up the mutex, so the backend DB is in a dirty state.
- Admin runs slaptest or slapcat.
- service ldap start
This issue does not manifest if slaptest or slapcat is not run.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5: RHEL5.1 and later
- Architecture: x86_64
- Kernel Version: 2.6.18-53.el5
- Related Package Version: openldap-servers-2.3.43-12.el5_6.7 and later
- glibc-2.5-18 and later
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.