- The resource manager should stop virtual instances with lower priority on the standby system before migrating production instances.
- The standby system is used to run virtual machines for the test environment.
- Running both the production instances and the test environment at the same time is not possible due to hardware resource constraints.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) (all version
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 (with the High Availability or Resilient Storage Add Ons)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6 (with the High Availability or Resilient Storage Add Ons)
rgmanager is used as the resource manager
- Multi-node cluster (more common with 2-node)
Multiple production services configured to run on node1 primarily, with failover to second node. These services are not exclusive (as multiple services run on one node).
Node2 runs lower-priority services while Production services are running on node1, to utilize idle hardware.
Upon failure of node1, node2's lower priority services are stopped and the production services from node1 start on node2
- SAP instances may be used as services, but this is not a requirement.
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat Subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Learn more