- Hello, we added new LUNS over the weekend but for some reason their not showing up in /dev. I tried all sorts of methods to try and get the system to assign it a path, such as:
- # echo 1 > /sys/class/fc_host/host6/issue_lip
- # echo "scsi remove-single-device 6 0 4 0" > /proc/scsi/scsi
- # echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host6/scan
- # rescan-scsi-bus.sh -L 19 -w -i -c --forcerescan -r --forceremove --hosts=host6
- # multipath -r
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- NEXSAN SATABeast2 SAN
Vendor: NEXSAN Model: SATABeast2 Rev: Nw66 Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 05
- Device that is not being created is LUN number zero (LUNZ).
- Peripheral qualifier (PQUAL) as presented by sg_inq is equal to 1 (or alternatively not zero).
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.