- Red Hat Satellite 5
- Need to authenticate Satellite users using System Security Services Daemon (SSSD) through Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM) against LDAP
- How to authenticate Satellite users using
- Refer to How do I configure OpenLDAP over SSL for security? for steps on configuring the LDAP server.
Refer to How to configure Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 machine as an LDAP Client? for steps on configuring the Satellite as an LDAP client.
Copy the CA certificate to the location specified in the "ldap_tls_cacert" option in
- Start the sssd service:
[root@host]# service sssd start
- Follow the steps in the Satellite Installation Guide to configure the Satellite for SSSD authentication via PAM.
- Make sure that the rhn-satellite file is world-readable:
[root@host]# chmod 644 /etc/pam.d/rhn-satellite
- Browse to the Satellite web UI and log in with the LDAP username.
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.