- Attempting to create an ext4 filesystem onto an LVM logical volume hangs, with the cpu at 100% and a forced shutdown is necessary.
- Creating an ext4 filesystem with mkfs onto a partition succeeds, but doing the same operation on an LVM logical volume hangs.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1
- Storage Subsystem
- ext4 --> LVM LV --> SCSI --> SSD Fusion-IO
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.