- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- bash silently ceases execution of a script when encountering a null char, when it is sourced in another script
- The script runs fine by itself
- Other shells either bypass the
NULLcharacter or throw an error
- The fix has been released in errata RHSA-2011-1073 in bash-3.2-32.el5.
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.