- When using
net ads jointo join a RHEL system to a Windows domain, a DNS entry is added to the Domain Controller for each interface on the system.
- How to disable dynamic DNS updates while joining Red Hat Enterprise Linux system to the Active Directory?
- Is there a way to prevent
winbindfrom updating DNS joining to Windows AD domain?
- There are multiple ethernet(s) on the host machine and running net ads join command registers both/multiple IP to same FQDN of host machine. As AD has DNS and used by other machines as well, recognized this as wrong IP. How to restrict net ads join to register multiple IP to AD DNS ?
- How to restrict
net ads jointo register multiple IP to AD DNS ?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.