- Red Hat Satellite 6.6
- The URL of the templates during provisioning a new machine is pointing to port 8000 instead of 80.
- Connecting to port 8000 is not allowed on the network infrastructure devices.
1) Change the foreman proxy template URL to be for port 80.
# satellite-installer --foreman-proxy-template-url http://[SATELLITE FQDN]
- After satellite upgrade from 6.3 to 6.6 , the template URL has been changed to 8000 and new provisioned machines can not fetch the templates from satellite.
- Check the current foreman-proxy-template-url value using satellite-installer :
# satellite-installer --full-help | grep foreman-proxy-template-url
- Red Hat Satellite
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.