- cannot register systems to Satellite server
- client error when trying to register:
There was an SSL error: (-1, 'Unexpected EOF') A common cause of this error is the system time being incorrect. Verify that the time on this system is correct.
- errors in /var/log/httpd/error_log on Satellite:
child pid 7272 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
- Red Hat Network (RHN) Satellite 5.4 only (No earlier or later versions are affected)
- Affected package: PyPAM-0.5.0-3el5sat
- PAM authentication for Satellite logins:
# grep pam /etc/rhn/rhn.conf pam_auth_service = rhn-satellite
- PAM Authentication is configured to use Active Directory as a backend.
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.