- Observed degraded write performance with the guests.
- The host is a pure ssd setup, with 2 400G intel dc s3700 ssds, hardware raid1.
- Without any virtual guests, it shows ~69k IOPS for read, ~38k IOPS for write
- With only on virtual guest running on the host, the virtual guest shows ~50k IOPS for read, ~11k for write.
- In terms of IOPS, read performance degraded to ~70% and write performance degraded to ~30%.
- Both the host and guest is using deadline as the block scheduler, all using ext4.
- The guest is using virtio-blk
- Red Hat OpenStack 3.0
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.